Monday, November 1, 2010

Time to be still...

It feels like i have had the longest day!

I start my new job tomorrow and i have to wake up super, super early. I did a lot today...and it seems that i have reached the point where i have to do a RESET to my mind.

Sometimes i take on many tasks at once and then end up mentally and physically exausted. I had to check out today and turn in my keys and id at my job.  It was today that i said good bye to ten years of working at the same place. I won't lie, i wanted and needed to get out of there desperately. I had started to feel negatively impacted by the people and their draining attitudes. But, today was the day i said good bye without looking back.

I also had to register for my next semester at school (Spring 2011). I only have two semesters left and i decided to  push myself and take on five classes together. Don't know how i will do it, but will give it my all. I really want to finish what i started. But, i have to admit that it sometimes gets so overwhelming that i don't know how i do it.

I admit that i have to give myself a break and a breather sometimes. I hate to feel overwhelmed and worried. My mind sometimes gets the best of me and tangles itself in many tasks, thoughts and it makes it all blurry.

I have to remember to work at one task at a time. It is not wise to try to do a million things at once because at the end, nothing comes out right. Worrying will not solve anything or get you to where you want to go sooner.  There are things we can control and others that are completely out of our reach. 

When there is a lot to accomplish, focus on the task at hand and don't worry about what is out of your control . I have to remember this everyday...

For now, i just need to close my eyes and rest! I have another long day ahead tomorrow!

Cheers for new beginnings... ;)

Sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment