Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Heart: Friend or Foe?



Heart: Friend or Foe?

...for obvious reasons we were all given a beating heart. There has been many ocassions in my life in which i feel the most vulnerable. I feel as if i am holding right in my hand (figuratively), my own beating heart guarding it from any harm or anything that would affect its life. There are days in which i walk and carry on around the world with a litte bit more confidence knowing that my heart is safe. This is where my questions comes about: Heart: Friend or Foe? Was our heart given to us to guide us or for us to guide it? I have heard so many times that following our hearts is dangerous because in doing so we become vulnerable to hurt, tears and dissilusion. On the other hand, we can't really stop our heart from feeling. If we don't feel, we are numb and if we are numb, then we are not actually really LIVING. Apart from it all, i don't believe there is someone possibly outhere that does NOT feel anything ever.



My point about the whole heart imagery is that no matter how many times our hearts have been hurt or damaged, the heart given to us is indeed our friend. If we really listen to and follow our hearts, we become more aware of our passions and through action, we are able to see our dreams become a reality. Our mind could be trained to be in sync with our hearts. If we educate our mind, our thoughts will not stand in front of our dreams. We will say no to fear.





I was thinking about this challenge of writing a post everyday and i realized that the first posts are going to be so random and so mixed. I find myself with a lot of things to write about. There have been days in which I feel totally drained and don't want to touch my laptop. But, once I get to it, I realize I do have things to share. The first step is the hardest!!!

Our heart lets us know what is affecting us. Pay close attention to what is really stressing you out. I am now realizing the extent of stress my prior job was causing me. When I say my "job" I mean the surroundings and the attitude of certain people. It was creating a negative vibe around me and fighting it was making me weak. God and the universe know exactly what they are doing. As my dear friend would say: " they are not stupid."

So the next time our heart points out the root of our discomfort and negativity… by all means pay attention. Although sometimes we can't believe what it tells us , trust in God and know that change could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

;)



Remember… your heart is precious! Treat it with love, warmth and respect.

BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments:

Post a Comment