Friday, October 29, 2010


Today was a somewhat weird day in more good ways than bad. It was my last day at my job. I had to move a lot of stuff from my desk into boxes. I was approached by many people in the halls to say HI and BYE. Some people i would see in the hallways and until this day they never spoke a word to me. The funny thing i realized today is that eventhough i thought i wasn't being noticed, i indeed was! Some even offered their help in the future if needed.

I also got the ocassional "smile but not a word kind of person," which to me had been the most common approach. I have never been a people person and at my workplace i have preferred to stay to myself. I only made a few friends and i focused more on quality than in quantity. Some of my friends treated me to lunch and i have to admit, it felt good. I have been also noticing that "I" tend to cater to people most of the time and people have noticed this.  Being on the other end, did feel quite special and different.

I had been in my job position for 10 years now but i have to admit that some things and places do get really old. I felt this way today! After so many years, i was due for a big change. I have been having the hunch that a change was near but was not certain what kind of change it was going to be. For some reason of another i did not fit anymore. I felt that in some way i had stopped mentally growing. It was starting to get harder and harder to get up in the morning to go to work. 

WOW... there is so much i have been processing in the past weeks. I realize that this challenge i have placed upon myself is going to be very interesting. I have so much clutter in my mind its hard to categorize my thoughts. My posts might end up being somewhat mixed.

But the important thing to remember is that in sharing my experiences, i am not only helping myself but others. Today i have learned so much and i am still processing a lot. This is what change does to you...it puts everything you have done, and the places you have been - in perspective.

So, the first thing to remember always is that although we think we are not being noticed, we ARE!!! People do notice us and we have the power to influence people positively or negatively - be it directly or indirectly. Your co-workers, your family members, your friends will always remember you for how you made them feel...how your positive energy changed their day around.

On a second note, be concious that when it is time to move on to better grounds, we should not allow FEAR to paralyze us.  If the opportunity to move on presents itself, take it and embrace it with open arms. If we don't take the first step, the Universe has its way of making it happen.  Change becomes what we make of it...positive or negative. Believe it or not, we do have a choice!

And last but not least, try getting spoiled and pampered once in a while. If its not by someone else, pamper yourself. I made dinner for myself today and it tasted delicious! It felt good not having to cook for someone else but myself for a change. ;)

...and now i am off to enjoy one glass of my favorite wine before going to bed.

Tomorrow i have a Photoshoot scheduled...it sure feels great to follow my passion and live my dream.!!

Sweet dreams...

ps...more on my photography experience on posts to come! ;)






3 comments:

  1. Amiga I'm so happy for you. Your words sound in my mind like a reminder of how life should be.. You are so special..Thanks for your precious friendship. God Bless You Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are happy within yourself and doing your thing, people will notice. It is inevitable. Glad you are continuing on with the daily posts!!! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy...
    Thanks for your support...it means a lot to me!
    ;)
    THank you for reading...

    ReplyDelete