Thursday, October 28, 2010

I challenge MYSELF...

 photo by Bliss Boutique Photography

I have to remind myself daily that it takes baby steps to reach my mountain. Don't know how to describe it but it feels time is just flying by these days. I have a feeling there are a lot of changes coming my way and the only way possible for me to digest them is taking baby steps. I tend to be hard on myself during changing times.

I have decided to REALLY pay attention to what is going on inside of me. For sometime now, i have been feeling more aware of my emotions and feelings but ocassionally i still "react" to situations and to others in a way i don't particularly like or its best for me.

During the past month or so i would say (approximately), I stumbled upon a blog that has inspired me daily to become open to life's uncertainties and to finding life's beauty in even the simplest things and moments. The blog belongs to Katherine Jenkins and its called "Lessons from the Monk i Married." I have to admit, the title did it! ;) It captured my attention because i have always been intrigued by the life of monks or any other spiritual master. I have never met one in person but i admire and like to read about their spiritual journey. I have been delighted to read Katherine's "lessons to remember" daily. She has been posting a lesson daily since the year started and has not missed a day...very ADMIRABLE!!! Her lessons come from the heart and as she says, she is still trying to master these lessons herself.

There are times that it's hard for me to come here and post eventhough i may have tons to say or to share. But when i do get myself to my laptop, i experience something too hard for words to describe. I tend to bottle things up and writing provides me with the serenity i need. Sharing my thoughts helps me to Let Go! of unnecessary emotional baggage.

 Having said that, I have decided to take Katherine's challenge  and start from today to JUST WRITE a post everyday on this blog. I created this blog with the intention of being able to help others and share what i learn throughout my spiritual journey. I believe every person has their own journey but not everyone is fully aware of what goes on inside ourselves on a daily basis. I will use this challenge to positively evolve emotionally, to learn, to give THANKS and to adopt an attitude of gratefulness.

I don't know the "HOW" i will complete this challenge but i started today and will do it for 1 year!!!

Thank you Katherine for all you have shared and continue to share with your readers. The kind of help you have given me is priceless.

...and so i start my challenge!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You can do it :) Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria...
    ;)
    i am going to need cheering ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clau-Thank you so much for being such a wonderful supporter of my blog. I would love to include this post in a lesson. Would you mind if I used it? Thank you and I'm so happy that you are going to step up to the challenge. You have so much to share!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow amiga.. te felicito por todo lo que has logrado desde que te conoci.. es una bendicion que seas mi amiga... te quiero mucho y adelante.. tienes mi apoyo y claro sera tu fiel lectora :)

    ReplyDelete